[vbox-dev] VirtualBox LTS (was: "The number of bug reports with virtualbox loaded are truly astonishing")

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Tue Feb 28 01:51:28 GMT 2012

If that is your main concern then you can help.

There is not enough time in a day for a short staff to check every
distro for everything, listen to complaints, answer questions, build the
code, and meet time lines.

Build from SVN and report the issues you see.  I don't do RPM based
often because it is not my thing as well as I don't do KDE.  But when i
see a problem I report it here and the DEVs take care of it before it
hits the release point.

If you do the same then I am sure that your input of breakages would be
appreciated and improve the builds. Otherwise IMO it is actually making
things worse because they have to deal with these interruptions.