[vbox-dev] How-to compile Docs in CHM format ?

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Feb 27 16:17:58 GMT 2012

On 27.02.2012 16:54, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Normally, when I compile vbox, I get only PDF.
> How-to generate the docs in CHM format ?

It's rather easy if you're on Windows (just make sure
VBOX_WITH_DOCS_CHM=1 isn't overridden by AutoConfig.kmk or
LocalConfig.kmk). It's the default setting, so I don't think this is an
issue. Building the documentation must be enabled, but as you get the
PDF that's a non-issue.

You need to point VBOX_PATH_HTML_HELP_WORKSHOP to the directory of
hhc.exe (from MS HTML Help Workshop), and the rest should be smooth sailing.

If you're on Linux you might be lucky with WINE, but if my memory
doesn't fool me it's a complete nightmare to get hhc.exe working.