[vbox-dev] Access the Virtualbox API inside the guest?

Andreas Löffler andreas.loeffler at oracle.com
Mon Feb 27 13:22:57 GMT 2012

Hi Scott,

there's no COM API on the guest like there's on the host. However, you
can take a look at VBoxControl and see how it's done -- its source is in
"src/VBox/Additions/common/VBoxControl".

For invoking VBoxControl with VBS, maybe something like

Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
shell.Run "VBoxControl <parameters>", 0

(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d5fk67ky%28v=vs.85%29.aspx)

will do to hide the command line window (the "0" at the end of .Run) if
you don't want to write your own client?

-Andreas