[vbox-dev] on Vertical synchronization support of simulated video card in Vbox

李彪 cloudbot-dev at sinobot.com.cn
Mon Feb 27 04:13:33 GMT 2012

hi, all

now I have a windowsXP App that use DirectX technology to display the high-resolution real-time video.
however, it works well in physic machine but not in vbox winXP vm.

finally,  we find the root cause is that when we ask for "Vertical synchronization" on simulated video card in VM, it reports error and no display at all. if we don't ask "Vertical synchronization" , it works well.

so my question is :

- does simulated video card in Vbox support "Vertical synchronization" function ?

- is there any patch for this problem ?

thomas