[vbox-dev] SVN issue

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Thu Dec 20 17:39:04 GMT 2012

On 20.12.2012 17:03, Perry Halbert wrote:
> Well this is a first for me. I tried this on two different Ubuntu 12.04
> hosts because I couldn't believe it.
>
> Anyway upgrading to the latest today (r44187) I am unable to start any
> guests with the following message
> RTR3initEx failed with rc=2 (rc-2)
> Please try reinstalling VirtualBox.

Try again with latest svn - it's trunk so there can be breakages (and
the changes last night definitely broke everything completely),

The plausiblity check we do for pushing out svn updates is "does it
compile?", nothing else.

Be prepared for some svn update slowdown during the upcoming holidays,
we're doing this so that our users can have less stressful days, too. ;)