[vbox-dev] Using VirtualBox network drivers

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Wed Dec 5 23:59:09 GMT 2012

Just a few ideas which are probably somewhat easier:
- Use libpcap to capture and inject network packets (useable directly
from userspace, you will need to handle packet filtering yourself but
it's easy)
- Use a tap device and a linux kernel network bridge (the tap device
will work like a real switch port, with some filtering provided by the
network bridge)
- Use VDE (should be easy to use, can connect to host network
interfaces, tap devices or act as a NAT gateway)

Ivo Smits