[vbox-dev] my patches for VirtualBox-4.2.0 on Fedora 17+

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Dec 3 18:35:47 GMT 2012

On Seg, 2012-12-03 at 17:38 +0100, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello Sérgio,
>
> On 02/12/12 23:46, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > Hi , I had used VBOX_USE_SYSTEM_XORG_HEADERS on rpm for rpmfusion and
> > worked very well, I had drop one patch but others two still up ...
> > http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/VirtualBox/devel/VirtualBox-4.2.0-VBoxGuestLib.patch?revision=1.1&root=free&view=markup
> I wonder whether you really need this patch, given that you are only
> building X.Org drivers and not XFree86 ones?

I want unblundle $(VBOX_PATH_X11_XFREE_4_3)/, if not required have a
rule in kmk that doesn't try to build it, would be nice.

> > http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/VirtualBox/devel/VirtualBox-4.2.0-mesa.patch?revision=1.3&root=free&view=markup
> I will take a look at this.
>
> > I wonder, If you want permit unbundle some other sources like :
> > src/libs/liblzf-3.4/
> >
> > the :
> > src/libs/boost-1.37.0/
> > src/libs/libxml2-2.6.31/
> > src/libs/libpng-1.2.8/
> > src/libs/zlib-1.2.6/
> >
> > I saw that is just used on system that don't have it, and don't used on
> > Linux systems.

> Not quite sure what you mean here.  Does it really matter if you are not
> building that code anyway?

We have two rules in guidelines of fedora packaging that I'm trying to
follow, no bundle sources and no static libs, all should be compile
against system sources and dynamically.
I send to you a backup file that isn't applied on package because fails
to compile with liblzf . I'd make possible compile against liblzf of the
system .
Others bundle sources like boost, libxml2, libpng and zlib already use
system sources.
The others src/libs are kStuff and xpcom18a4, which I don't know what to
do .

At last other question is how I build RuntimeR3 dynamically ?
# RuntimeR3 - Static Runtime for Ring-3 executables.
#
RuntimeR3_TEMPLATE      = VBoxR3Static

Thanks,
--