[vbox-dev] Unhappy with recent developments

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Dec 3 08:39:56 GMT 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Michael Thayer <michael.thayer at oracle.com>wrote:

>  I had a quick look at what documentation I could find for faucc online,
> but I couldn't find any mention of memory model support, which is a
> requirement for us, as we don't want to jump through hoops to have more
> than 64K of BIOS code.  I may have missed this of course - do you have any
> more information?  (Note that I am not actually responsible for our BIOS
> code, I am just passing on what I know.)

I looked at the manpage in Debian Sid, which is the only documentation
available, and it does not mention anything about memory models. It might
support something by default, though; after all, the main reason for
developing that compiler was BIOS development

(There is a lot more documentation in German in the website but it seems
more generic and I have only skimmed over it)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org