[vbox-dev] Virtual Box API to shutdown machine / apply snapshot

Benedict, Elad benedict.elad at hp.com
Fri Apr 20 15:31:07 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the COM API to apply some snapshot.
Since I don't know (or more accurately, care, about) the initial state of the machine I thought I'd:
1. Power the machine off
2. Apply the snapshot I want

The thing is I can't get the machine to PoweredOff state using the PowerDown method since it's not legal when the machine is in certain states.
Is there some easy way to perform what I want?
(Either easily apply the snapshot, regardless of the machines current state, or get it to powered off state)

Thanks a lot,
Elad.