[vbox-dev] Permission to redistribute VirtualBox guest additions for MacPorts

Roy Liu roy at eschatonlabs.com
Tue Apr 3 23:04:59 GMT 2012

Greetings VirtualBox developers,

I am the maintainer of the MacPorts virtualbox port found here:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/emulators/virtualbox/Portfile

We at MacPorts try to give users the easiest installation possible: Getting
a fully working VirtualBox should really be as easy as typing "sudo port
install virtualbox".
It would be great to have VirtualBox guest additions included as port of
the installation process, with your consent.  FYI, I am going off this Arch
Linux thread as an example of proper protocol:

If any policies have changed then, I would be happy to work with the
VirtualBox developer community to make the guest additions a reality.
You may also find the proposed patch to include guest additions here:

https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/32615/virtualbox-guest-additions.diff

Thank you for your time and kind regards,
Roy