[vbox-dev] VirtualBox SDK Source Code Availability?

David J. Shepard djshepard at cert.org
Tue Sep 20 14:19:44 GMT 2011

Hello.

I tried to get an answer to this question on the VirtualBox forums and eventually was referred to this mailing list. I've been trying to find out if the source code to the VirtualBox SDK is available. Specifically, I am looking for the source code to vboxjws.jar, which is in the path sdk/bindings/webservice/java/jax-ws/ in the 4.1.2 version of the SDK.

Failing that, I would be happy to have some javadoc, if that is available. Failing that, is there some method people who are using the SDK are supposed to use to find out the specifics of API arguments, such as what to expect they are being used for, or perhaps what methods are going to throw VBoxException, etc…? I've been able to find very little documentation on the API set itself. The document SDKRef.pdf mentions VBoxException one time and literally makes it sound like every method can throw it, but doesn't give any indication as to what circumstances will cause the exception to be thrown by a given API.

Please let me know if there is some place I can find the SDK source code or any other options that may be helpful.

Thanks.
--David