[vbox-dev] VirtualBox 4.1.x and Windows 8 status update

Mario Lobo mlobo at digiart.art.br
Sat Sep 17 16:12:42 GMT 2011

On Friday 16 September 2011 04:03:42 Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> I used Win7 x64 host + VBOX 4.1.2. (+VT-x w/ EPT)
> Guest: Win8 32-bit.
>
> When created new VM I have chosen "Windows 7" profile -- as it makes
> virtual hardware that is the closest to the requirements for Win8.
>
> All installed fine, no problems.

I've got windows guest additions r73507. I know it doesn't work on Win 8 yet
but I still can't get Aero working on Win7.

The assessment test stops saying:

"Could not complete the assessment.
The assessment or other operation did not complete successfully. This is due
to an error being reported from OS, driver or othe component."

I installed the WDD driver and correctly set my vm to 256M video. I can't get
aero working if this dam rating doesn't finish. I tried clearing the ratins
and re-running but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

--
Mario Lobo