[vbox-dev] serious VDI bug

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Thu Sep 15 17:24:28 GMT 2011

I was curious and decided to test installing the 32 bit Win8 on a 64 bit
host (Ubuntu-10.10 x86_64) with no VT-x
It fails.  It does work installing the 32 bit on a 64 bit host
(Debian-7) with VT-x.
Only thing I notice is that is different is *no VT-x and IO APIC causing
an issue for me.

I was amazed to see a Win8 32bit version to tell you the truth.  All I
have been hearing is it would be 64Bit only.
But I wonder if  this is a real regression since the VBox forum is
saying pretty much the same thing on a released version.