[vbox-dev] win 95/98 guest additions ?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 16:30:05 GMT 2011

We are exploring the possibility of implementing this old stuff. In particular, the mouse and graphics drivers.

Seems mouse integration shouldn't be that difficult. However, for video cards, it will take quite some time.

I have a question, does C:\virtualbox-dev\vbox\include\VBox\Hardware\VBoxVideoVBE.h contains all the video card's registry information? In other words, do these constants sufficient to develop the display driver? 95/98 uses totally different driver model, and needs to implment in real mode using assembly code.

So wanted to know what is the minimum requirement?