[vbox-dev] SVN questions

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 16:00:35 GMT 2011

Thanks Martin,

I had already figured that out and though it works it requires some
intervention on every update.
I was looking more for a tag to place in the .../debian/LocalConfig.kmk
that would take the already generated release number and use it.
Example: VBOX_VERSION_STRING := $(VBOX_VERSION_STRING_RAW) when we were
compiling beta and the string was too long.

I see where the $(svn_revision) is used in two of the three types of
builds (assumption) and the third is 0 (zero) which is what I get when
looking at the about in the program. I can of course manually change the
0 to match the release but figured there was some way to automate this.

Line 54 of debian/rules
svnrev   :=$(if $(svn_revision),$(svn_revision),0)

Ideas?