[vbox-dev] mouse integration concept level overview?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Sep 5 19:29:40 GMT 2011

Hello Huihong,

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 16:54 -0700, Huihong Luo wrote:
> In short, when integration mode is enabled, guest/host uses exactly
> the same mouse. When the mouse is in guest window (or guest virtual
> desktops), the guest gets notifications about the mouse
> pointers/positions/states, etc. When the mouse is out of guest window,
> the guest will no longer get any notifications, Is this correct?
With the slight quibble that only position information is sent (cursor
graphics are sent from the guest to the host, and button states always
go through the emulated PS/2 device - but I presume you have already got
that from the drivers), that is indeed correct.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com