[vbox-dev] mouse integration concept level overview?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 03:56:22 GMT 2011

I need to know a bit more about the mouse integration. Can someone explain in big picture on what happened when a mouse pointer is moving from host to the guest? once the mouse inside the guest window, host informs the guest about the mouse positions? etc.

I need to get some ideas on this in order to implement the drag-and-drop feature for vbox. Right now, it's stuck when the mouse is dragged from host to vm, how the guest side knows about that. I need to press a key for now to tell the guest side, so the dnd isn't smooth yet. A good understanding on mouse integration would be very helpful.