[vbox-dev] VBoxDrvCfg.cpp patch so vboxddu.dll runs well on Windows 2000

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:59:40 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I spent a couple of hours browsing more code, it seems should be very easy to make current vbox to work on windows 2000. about 10 more functions to deal with.
>
> however, would anyone on earth still want to run 2k?

At certain enterprises there were internal Win2000 servers and
workstations few years ago. Not checked now.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp

Statistics say it is 0.2% of the market in 2010. Popularity decreases
at a rate of 2/3 each year. Now it is prolly around 0.066%.

So if VBox has 10 million users, it means there could be 6.6 k users
running Win2000.
>From my side:
I'm willing to test VBox on Win2000 from time-to-time.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"