[vbox-dev] VirtualBox OSE - Windows7.x86 Build

Christopher J. Hanks cjhanks at cpusage.com
Tue Nov 22 23:11:39 GMT 2011

Hello,

I've attempted to build VirtualBox OSE for 4.1.4 & 4.1.6.  Has there been
any combination of tool chains which has created a successful build for
the 4.* VirtualBox series?

Build Information:
Windows 7 x86_64 (Has been tried on x86)
Visual Studio 2005 Sp1
MingW32 - 3.3.1
SDL     - 1.2.14
OpenSSL - 1.0.0e
libCurl - 7.18.0

--
First, there seems to be some disagreement in the build script about the
appropriate DDK.  If the specified DDK (3790.1830) is provided an error

Which DDK do I need?

Just to see it's behavior, I installed with both DDK's in the C:/WINDDK
directory.
It builds to completion if I do the following:
  - Remove the non-OSE VirtualBox Icon's from
out/win.x86/release/obj/VBoxRes/VboxRes-icons.rc
  - In Config.kmk I set VBOX_WITHOUT_ADDITIONS=1

This builds, but doesn't run anything.
"This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)..."  It seems
this is associated with mixed 32/64 bit libs though I am not sure.

In short -- has there been any success building OSE in the 4.*, in any
platform?  Could you point me in this right direction?

Best
--
Christopher J. Hanks
503-567-8761