[vbox-dev] GTK+ text gets bigger with every window resize

Ribhi Kamal rbhkamal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:02:27 GMT 2011

Hi all,
I'm seeing a strange behavior in a Linux guest machine (Windows host) which
may be vboxvideo resize bug, but it might be a problem in the linux guest.
I'd really appreciated if you can give me your input on what you think
might be happening here.

The problem:
"GTK+ text size increases with every window resize"

So I start the virtual machine and launch GTK+ app, everything looks
normal. Then I resize the virtualbox window a few times, close the app and
the launch it again. Now the app a larger text size (menu items text,
labels... etc) I tried a number of GTK+ apps (firefox, gedit... etc) all
had the same problem.

The font size never goes back to normal even if I put the window size back
to exactly what it was when starting the machine.

Thanks in advance,

--
-- Ribhi