[vbox-dev] VirtualBox fails to install python bindings on Ubuntu 11.04 x64

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 09:59:25 GMT 2011

>> But I have python 2.7.1 + python-dev package installed. (default on
>> Ubuntu 11.04)
>> So it is my understanding, that VBox python modules are being compiled
>> on-the-fly.
>> Is this the case?
>
> No, this is not the case. It's part of the build process.

1. But how does the Windows version works ? (it works with both python
2.5.x and 2.6.x and 2.7.x) -- so it probably compiles it on the fly or
has them all pre-compiled.

2. Would it be possible to adjust the Linux multi-distro installer, so
it compiles VBox python modules on install, just like it compiles
kernel modules ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"