[vbox-dev] VirtualBox fails to install python bindings on Ubuntu 11.04 x64

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:43:33 GMT 2011

> Have you used 11.04-specific VBox package, or generic package. I highly
> recommend using specific package, as

I have used the multi-distro package. This one:
http://www.virtualbox.org/download/testcase/VirtualBox-4.0.51-71902-Linux_amd64.run

I need multi-distro package, because we are running tests that require
the Alpha version of VirtualBox 4.1, and asking Klaus to compile Alpha
versions for every Linux distro is too much work for him.

> Python lacks stable binary module ABI, so version of Python does matter.

But I have python 2.7.1 + python-dev package installed. (default on
Ubuntu 11.04)
So it is my understanding, that VBox python modules are being compiled
on-the-fly.
Is this the case?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"