[vbox-dev] questions about number of CPUs and host scheduling behaviour

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at googlemail.com
Fri May 6 10:09:14 GMT 2011

Alexey,

I know the system can do it. I see VBox running at 400% (thus fully consuming 4 cores) when the VM is booting, but when I run load on it subsequent to that, utilisation tops out at ~200%, even though the system believes it is scheduling load for 4 cores.

I appreciate the help, but mostly I was trying to do a sanity check before filing a bug report. It seems filing one might be a quicker way to get someone with access to an OS X system to try to reproduce the issue.

Cheers,
Bayard