[vbox-dev] Guest additions for Android

François Revol revol at free.fr
Thu Mar 24 15:06:50 GMT 2011

Le 24 mars 2011 à 15:56, Vladimir Chtchetkine a écrit :

> Thank you Michael,
>
> I'm quite new to the Linux world, so forgive me if my questions are too
> naive, but nevertheless, let me reiterate what I understood:
>
> There is a vboxguest.ko module that can be (is?) installed on the guest
> system and then can be used as a gate to VBox framework.
> In order to access services, provided by vboxguest.ko I need to build
> VBoxGuestLib.
>
> So, my naive questions are:
>
> 1. Where do I get that vboxguest.ko module? Do I build it?

Either you install the Linux guest additions in your Android VM, if it's compatible (possibly it will build the kernel-dependent glue itself for Linux anyway), or you build it yourself with something like:

kmk VBOX_ONLY_ADDITIONS=1 VBOX_WITH_ADDITION_DRIVERS=1 all

the binaries should end up somewhere in out/.
At least it works for Haiku.

François.