[vbox-dev] Status Update for "Guest OSes"

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Fri Mar 18 16:19:57 GMT 2011

Hello Alexey,

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 16:55 +0200, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> NOTE: (not for webpage, but for you)
> Debian 3.1 and Red Hat Linux 9 (RHL9) silently quits from Linux
> Additions installer. Looks like some scripting silently fails on them.
The Additions build at

http://www.virtualbox.org/download/testcase/VBoxGuestAdditions-r70636.iso

should fix the scripting error when installing the Additions on RedHat
9.0 (it was a regular expression that old versions of "sed" didn't
like), but installing the Additions still fails there, as our support
for kernels older than 2.4.22 is currently broken, and as we don't do
them officially anyway fixing it is rather low on our long priority
list!

I didn't test Debian 3.1 as I couldn't find a DVD of that that I could
download at a reasonable speed.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande