[vbox-dev] What is the SVN rev for 4.0.4?

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Mar 14 13:22:39 GMT 2011

Hi,

On Monday 14 March 2011 14:13:20 Sharad Agrawal wrote:
> What is the policy for tagging public repository when making new releases?
>
> I am trying to find out what SVN rev corresponds to 4.0.4 release in the
> public code base (http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk).
>
> The downloadable binaries do have a revision number when you look at "About
> VirtualBox" - r70112.  However, that is obviously from an Oracle internal
> repository with a wide gap from the public one (currently at 36000+).
>
> I am working on a project that forks from VirtualBox OSE and I would like
> to update it to the latest stable release.  Sometime back, for 4.0.2, I
> was able to find a revision log stating "4.0.2" (r35621).  But that's not
> consistent and doesn't work for 4.0.4.
>
> I would appreciate if someone familiar with Oracle release process could
> help me on this one.

There is no direct mapping between 4.0.4 and the subversion repository
as 4.0.4 is taken from the 4.0.x internal branch (not available for
public use).

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande