[vbox-dev] NAT IPv6 does exist

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:33:09 GMT 2011

Hello Renzo,

>>> If someone is interested, take a look.
>>
>> Would be really a great thing to have such functionality. The biggest
>> problem will probably be the license...
> It is a fork of LWIP (originally covered a 3 clauses BSD) protected by GPL.

We see.
As a VirtualBox community member I would like to ask you to relicense
the code under of LWIPv6 and SLIRPv6 under the BSD, if possible.

The reason is that VirtualBox is a dual-licensed project and Oracle
needs the ability to use your code for various commercial projects as
well, and cannot include your code under current licensing.

I understand it may the tradition of some people such as Richard
Stallman to relicense code for such purpose, but in this case Oracle
is very beneficial to the wider Free Software community by releasing
VirtualBox to community in first place, effectively making $100
million dollar donation (estimated development cost of VirtualBox
sources).

Relicensing your code under BSD would benefit the community, and will
show a sign of respect for Oracle's generous donation.

Please consider Relicensing.

Thanks in advance,
--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"