[vbox-dev] VBoxSVC locks-up badly on Windows hosts

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:21:21 GMT 2011

VBoxSVC locks-up badly on Windows hosts, when doing machine
lock/unlock several times and setting tracefile / CAP capture. (no
such problems on Linux hosts)

I wrote a testcase in python.

Host: Window XP, python 2.6.6 (and 2.7.1) + VBox 4.0.51 r72388.

After VBoxSVC locks up, obviously my python process also locks up.
Even after I kill python and my process, VBoxSVC stays dead. (only
workaround it to manually kill VBoxSVC via Windows Task Manager)

To reproduce:
1. Modify vmname in "vboxtestcase.py"
2. Run "vboxtestcase.py" several times on Win XP

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"