[vbox-dev] communicating from a frontend directly to a guest.

Arvid Picciani aep at exys.org
Tue Jun 21 10:10:44 GMT 2011

Hey,
I have a rather uncommon case where the guest is a specialized linux
based system for running inside vbox. Right now, the xpcomm based
host-ui communicates with the guest via tcp, but that's quiet inefficient.

I'd like to directly have some communications channel to the guest.
Maybe a pci device, maybe usb, whatever makes more sense from the vbox
side. However, it looks like i need to ship my own vbox then, since
those things are not exposed through xpcomm. I really want to avoid
forking of vbox for that tiny enhancement. Is there any other method I
can use.