[vbox-dev] NAT IPv6 does exist

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Jun 3 13:18:28 GMT 2011

On 01.06.2011 21:44, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Named "slirpvde6" and is part of VDE project, but theoretically it may
> be separated:
> http://wiki.virtualsquare.org/wiki/index.php/VDE#slirpvde6
>
> Renzo writes:
> "The new code for the stack and the command slirpvde6 are in the
> experimental branch on sourceforge. slirpvde6 is very similar to
> slirpvde but: (1) it is based on lwipv6 instead of the old bsd stack,
> (2) it supports both IPv4 and IPv6."
>
> If someone is interested, take a look.

Would be really a great thing to have such functionality. The biggest
problem will probably be the license...

Both slirp and lwip in the unmodified form are covered by a modified BSD
license, and lwipv6 slaps on an extra GPLv2 or later header on top, and
I assume the same applies to slirpvde6.

Finding the sources isn't trivial. I couldn't find an experimental
branch in the sourceforge svn repo, and also no other branch which has a
slirpvde6 subdirectory.

Will get in touch with Renzo, to see if this can be sorted out.

Thanks for the pointer,