[vbox-dev] Source code for bridging interfaces

Tom Tasche tomtasche at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:53:58 GMT 2011

Hello,

Some colleagues and I are working on a networking related software
 for our diploma thesis.
Basically we want to connect Cisco's PacketTracer to a real network
 (that's actually not our diploma thesis, but it's one part of it)
 and therefore need to bridge a physical interface
 for receiving and sending ethernet packets with different mac addresses.

We have tried to use the socket library on linux,
 but it doesn't work on every NIC to fake the MAC address.
Now we want to extract that code out of VirtualBox.
However, we couldn't find that pieces of code
 in VirtualBox's 270MB of awesome source sauce.
Would you guys be so kind and help us?

Oh, and sorry if this isn't the right place for this kind of question.
The forum looked like it's for users only...

Thank you and have a great day
Tom