[vbox-dev] vb 4.1 + kdebase-4.6.5-1.fc15 = no audio

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:14:51 GMT 2011

VirtualBox-4.1-4.1.0_73009_fedora15-1.x86_64
kdebase-4.6.5-1.fc15.x86_64

Before running VB, kde/settings/multimedia/phonon says:

Audio Output:
Internal Audio Analog Stereo

and works fine.

After starting VB, I get a warning about 'unable to open audio' (or something
like that), and when I look at kde/settings/multimedia/phonon,
I see a bunch of different devices that weren't there before.  The one that did
work before, 'Internal Audio Analog Stereo' is gone, and none of the audio
devices seem to work if I use the 'Test' button.

Somehow VB is really screwing up the audio.

Audio in VB is set to 'pulseaudio'