[vbox-dev] Latest from svn breaks VirtualBox

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Fri Jul 1 01:42:02 GMT 2011

I have to wonder Alexey, how you can tell it is the same? I looked at
the beta and I can't tell. Please enlighten me.
Or better yet why not try to compile to the latest from SVN and see if
it works for you.  Remember 32 bit guests and no VT-x. Really makes a
big difference.

Anyway I have re-compiled r37715 again and it does not work. (yes the
out folder gets deleted every time I run my build script)

Ubuntu 10.10 x86_64 works a little further but reboots the guest when
trying to install the guest additions.  It also throws guru mediations
sometimes. After a fashion it will work but very flaky.
Again reverting to to r37671 restores functionality.

Summary 32-bit guests do not boot at all and 64-bit guests have issues
with r37715.