[vbox-dev] Ubuntu package for headless installation

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Fri Jan 14 07:48:50 GMT 2011

On Thursday 13 January 2011 22:59:24 François Revol wrote:
> > Sure this would be an option but we don't intend to create another
> > 30 Linux packages, sorry. You can still install the .run package which
> > does not have any package dependencies.
>
> Maybe it could be broken down into vbox-common, vbox-headless, vbox-gui or
> something ? That is quite common practice on debian it seems.

You might have noted that we currently provide VirtualBox packages for
more than 30 different Linux distributions (even currently 10 only for
different Ubuntu releases) so there is no "Ubuntu" package.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande