[vbox-dev] VBoxDrv not stoppable? (Windows host)

Andreas Löffler andreas.loeffler at oracle.com
Mon Feb 28 09:12:42 GMT 2011

At the moment we don't support stopping the driver in release mode --
this is intentional and should prevent the guest OS becoming less
usable. You can, however, compile the driver with
VBOX_REBOOT_ON_UNINSTALL unset (e.g. handled in
IRP_MN_QUERY_STOP_DEVICE) to stop the driver via device/service manager.

-Andreas.