[vbox-dev] Regarding about the IBandwidthControl and Pause()

John Lee skjl25 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 05:44:15 GMT 2011

Hello,

I was able to spawn the VM and would like to control the network
bandwidth of the VM that I'm using.

Based on the c++ sample(tstVBoxAPILinux.cpp) from the sdk, I declared
the IBandwidthControl as the

nsCOMPtr<IBandwidthControl> control;
"After all of necessary routines for the launchVMPorcess() to generate
the VM"
control->CreateBandwidthGroup(NS_ConvertUTF8toUTF16("group1").get(),
'network',10);

But I get the segmentation fault. Another way I tried was to create
nsCOMPtr<IBandwidthGroup> group; to see if I can manipulate the network
bandwidth of the VM. But I still I get the seg fault error message.

I was wondering if there is any sample code or a way to manipulate the
bandwidth of the VM. It is very confusing for me to actually use the sdk
without the examples.

Moreover, I have posted regarding about the Pause function error with
the C binding code previously. I have tried the same thing with the c++
code. But still there is a problem with pausing the VM. This time,
instead of the seg fault message, it does not pause the VM but rather
ignores it.

Within the c++ code:

After launching the VM,
nsCOMPtr<IConsole> console;
console->PowerDown(&progress);//where the progress is the same
IProgress* that I have used in the LaunchVMProcess();

I'm working with the VirtualBox 4.0 and the host machine's OS is Ubuntu
10.10.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,
John Lee