[vbox-dev] Building from SVN creates 2 users guides

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Sat Aug 27 00:02:49 GMT 2011

It's simple actually after I found the little bugger.

Config.kmk has the following line:
# Enable any translations in OSE, even partial ones.
  VBOX_WITH_DOCS_TRANSLATIONS=1

And this from the doc/manual/Makefile.kmk
  ifdef VBOX_WITH_DOCS_TRANSLATIONS
   VBOX_MANUAL_ADD_LANGUAGES = fr_FR
  endif

IMHO Following the rest of the way VirtualBox does things this actually
should not have been enabled by default but enabled upon request
by placing the proper line in your LocalConfig.kmk. Same way you do VNC,
or DOCS_SDKREF, Etc..

For now, I will add VBOX_WITH_DOCS_TRANSLATIONS :=  to my LocalConfig.kmk

As for a patch it is not needed.  The DEVs know what to do if they want
to change the way this is. (just remove the 1)