[vbox-dev] USB EHCI support under Windows

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Fri Aug 26 13:07:24 GMT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 14:47 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 26 August 2011 11:48:43 Michael Thayer wrote:
> > Would you like to open a bug ticket for this?  If I understood correctly
> > you saw this on a Windows host - if you have the chance it would be nice
> > if you could test it on another host, otherwise an easy recipe to
> > reproduce it would be helpful.
>
> I'm very busy at the moment. Cannot promise I will open a bug ticket. I was
> hoping some bells were ringing at some USB developers at Oracle (former Sun).
Sure, I was just thinking that a bug ticket may be handier for the
developers responsible.  It looks to me like it is likely to be in the
host-specific USB code, but I might be wrong there which is why I asked
about other host platforms.  If it is indeed Windows it would also help
to know if it was version 4.0 or 4.1 of VirtualBox because there was a
lot of rewriting of the Windows host USB code in-between (the kernel
part of it that is; part of the handling for ClearFeature(ENDPOINT_HALT)
is in user-space though, which I don't think was touched in that time).

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com