[vbox-dev] VirtualBox on EC2.

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Thu Aug 25 20:31:21 GMT 2011

Hello Karim,

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 23:10 +0300, karim.allah.ahmed at gmail.com wrote:
> I was wondering if It's possible to run VirtualBox on top of an EC2
> instance, maybe an HVM instance.
> Is there any body here with experience running VBox on EC2 and If yes can
> he/she comment on its performance ?
>
> I think If it's possible for virtualbox to run on a non-VT machine then,
> It's possible to run on top of an EC2.
> What are the current modes of operation of VBox ( Binary translation, full
> emulation, etc ) ? Is there any docs describing this ?
Weren't you asking this on IRC earlier today?  In any case, part of your
question should be answered by
[ http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch10.html Chapter 10 ] of the user
manual.  If you are looking for people who have tried running VirtualBox
on EC2, you might also try posting on the (community-run)