[vbox-dev] USB EHCI support under Windows

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Aug 24 16:06:32 GMT 2011

Hello Hans-Peter,

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 17:02 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2011 18:06:00 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > There appears to be a bug when cancelling USB transactions (removing them
> > from the EHCI schedule) on endpoints using the USB 2.0 mode, that the USB
> > device is automatically re-enumerated. Who is responsible for this part?
> > Is there any support available?
>
> Investigating this issue more properly, I see that VirtualBOX returns an error
> code when the Emulated OS tries to clear the stall on any endpoints. This in
> turn cause the Emulated OS (FreeBSD) to re-enumerate the device.
>
> Is this a bug or feature in VirtualBOX. Shouldn't clear-stall allways succeed,
> even if the data toggle value is not cared about?
I'm afraid I am rather ECHI-illiterate, but would you be able to send a
pointer to the relevant point in the spec?  (Like a page number/whatever
for version 1.0 of the spec).

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com