[vbox-dev] VirtualBox internal log functions

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Aug 22 12:12:54 GMT 2011

Hello QiangHuang,

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 16:23 +0800, QiangHuang wrote:
>       I am reading the source code of virtualbox for several days. And
> I found a series of functions with the prefix of 'Log', such as
> Log2(), LogBackdoor() and so on. Nearly all of them called the
> function 'RTLogBackdoorPrintf ' in the internals. According to the
> comments for '', it writes the formatted string into some backdoor
> ports.
>
>       It seems that they are used for some logging works. However my
> question is, how to get the logs which were generated by these logging
> functions. Are there any logging related files on the disk, or
> something else?
Sorry that I only got round to answering this now (just back from
holiday).  It's probably a bit late for you, but for future reference
please see [ http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VBoxLogging ] (linked to on
the technical documentation page).

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com