[vbox-dev] How to develop an extension package by my self?

Christian Pötzsch christian.poetzsch at oracle.com
Fri Aug 12 17:46:31 GMT 2011

On 8/12/11 6:21 PM, Shiv Agarwal wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am also trying to build a custom UI over the current Qt GUI. Can
> someone suggest what is the best way to do this?
> Also, what is the best environment for development? Is it Linux, Mac or
> Windows?
You can't do GUI additions over the ExtPacks. You either change the
current Qt GUI or develop something yourself from scratch. When you add
something to the current GUI, its best to do as much as possible in your
own classes and to try to minimize the changes to the official code.
Also keep in mind that we are cross platform and so any code should work
on all supported platforms.

The environment is up to you. We have different developer which all work
on the different OSs. As currently building OSE on Windows is a little
bit hard, it is maybe not the best choice. However, UNIX/Linux and Mac
OS X are fine.

Chris

> Shiv
>
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM, ChenWei <spark.thu at gmail.com
> <mailto:spark.thu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Where should I start? I want to do some special process with display

> --
> Shiv Agarwal

Dr. Christian Pötzsch                             http://www.oracle.com/
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,