[vbox-dev] Problem building with VBox additions on Oracle Linux6.1

Leigh Hebblethwaite lHebblethwaite at transoft.com
Fri Aug 12 13:33:17 GMT 2011

Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert wrote:
> This error is not fatal. The DRM module just failed to compile, but
the
> other modules compiled fine and the installation succeeded.

Agreed.

Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > There is a copy of drmP.h in the guest system:
> You were searching in the wrong directory. The module was not built
for
> the 2.6.32-131 kernel but for the 2.6.32-100 UEK kernel!

Hmm. I, as a Linux user only, had no idea that there were two kernels in
this fresh install of Oracle Linux.

I guess I was also pointing out that both of these software products
have 'Oracle' written on the front.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Leigh.

Leigh Hebblethwaite,
Transoft, part of IRIS

This email and any attachment are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information which is confidential.  Access, copying or re-use of information in or attached to this email by anyone else other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication and you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this email to the intended recipient, please inform IRIS on telephone number 01753 212200 and then delete this email and any attachments from your system.

IRIS makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this email or any attachments and we may monitor emails sent to and from our server.

Any views or opinions presented in this email or attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IRIS Software  Group Limited, its parent, associates, subsidiaries or affiliates, unless otherwise expressly indicated.

IRIS Software Group Limited is a Company registered in England and Wales under number 6294985 at Riding Court House, Datchet, Berkshire SL3 9JT

VAT number 678 7928 53