[vbox-dev] Difficulty of Distributing 3rd party Windows apps based on VBoxPython

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:08:34 GMT 2011

Currently Distributing Windows apps based on VBoxPython is difficult,
due to the need of whole stack of python for both 32- and 64-bit
systems.

This is esp. a problem, where we need modules.

Now we must ship a lot in our (GNS3) installer:
1. python 32-bit
2. pyQt 32-bit
3. pyWin 32-bit
4. python 64-bit
5. pyQt 64-bit
6. pyWin 64-bit

If I were to drop use of VBoxPython, but rather move to VBoxManage, we
would need only python 32-bit for all Windows platforms.
Another problem is VBoxSVC bug.#9239.

Is there a way to use VBoxPython from Python 32-bit on Windows 64-bit ?

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"