[vbox-dev] Hello Developers ! Please help me with VirtualBox development... I will pay.

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Fri Apr 29 00:11:49 GMT 2011

I could probably do that, but I would personally suggest another approach.

The IDisplay object already has a 'pluggable' Framebuffer. This allows
external software or frontends to plug in any framebuffer. A similar
approach could be implemented for network devices, where a frontend
could set the host side driver for the network interface.

This way, the GNS3 frontend to VirtualBox could setup the network
device, without needing to add (yet) another network driver to
VirtualBox itself. It might also be possible to write the network driver
in any other language which has proper COM/XPCOM support.

--
Ivo