[vbox-dev] VirtualBox COM works on Linux, but CRASHES on Windows !

Nikolay Igotti nikolay.igotti at oracle.com
Sat Apr 23 07:43:04 GMT 2011

        Hello,

   As it was answered to other reader with similar issue (wrt Java),
creating more than one VirtualBoxManager is a bug. You have to have signle
instance of VirtualBoxManager per client process, not per-VM. So
"workaround" you posted is more like correct usage of API.
Regarding other questions: MSCOM is indeed standard Windows programs
interoperability approach, so we used it, and you just need
to rethink your code organization, to make sure you have single manager.
In future versions we'll add more checks to prevent erratic
behaviour with creating more than one manager.

   Thanks,
      Nikolay