[vbox-dev] JVM crashes

Christophe Devriese christophe.devriese at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:56:00 GMT 2011

I'm seeing jre crashes when trying to use the libvboxjxpcom api on 64 bits.
Strangely, I seem to have this problem on both the openjdk and sun VM's.
Here's the backtrace :

V  [libjvm.so+0x43ce80]
V  [libjvm.so+0x44789a]
C  [libvboxjxpcom.so+0xaf89]
C  [libvboxjxpcom.so+0x15a1f]
 Java_org_mozilla_xpcom_internal_XPCOMImpl_initXPCOMNative+0xc
 org.mozilla.xpcom.internal.XPCOMImpl.initXPCOM(Ljava/io/File;Lorg/mozilla/xpcom/IAppFileLocProvider;)Lorg/mozilla/interfaces/nsIServiceManager;+3
 org.mozilla.xpcom.Mozilla.initXPCOM(Ljava/io/File;Lorg/mozilla/xpcom/IAppFileLocProvider;)Lorg/mozilla/interfaces/nsIServiceManager;+6
 org.virtualbox_4_0.VirtualBoxManager.createInstance(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/virtualbox_4_0/VirtualBoxManager;+50

Strangely, this doesn't happen on the first createInstance, only on the
second. How can I debug something like this ?

Christophe