[vbox-dev] VNC: Would it be possible please to support VNC server in official VirtualBox build ?

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:11:51 GMT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Huihong Luo <huisinro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am a bit confused about this license issue,  isn't VBox GPL v2 too? If vbox and libvnc are all GPL-ed, why can't include its source?

Because VirtualBox team wanna option to sub-license the whole product
on proprietary terms. (future possibility to create proprietary fork,
if company wants). Such options exists with other multi-license
software, such as Qt and OpenOffice.

This is why product is GPL, but patches are accepted only on MIT terms.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"