[vbox-dev] Booting a physical machine using a virtual image

Swapnesh Chaubal schauba at clemson.edu
Fri Apr 8 17:56:27 GMT 2011

 Hey folks,

I am working on a master's project in which I would like to boot physical
machines using V-Box images stored on a server. Also, the changes done to
the operating system thus booted, should be automatically saved in the
image. I believe some driver would have to be written on the virtual image
for the boot loader to understand and treat it as a physical disk and not a
virtual disk. I'm not sure whether I would need to change in v-box code for
it.

Any pointers on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Swapnesh