[vbox-dev] DMI type 4 processor info

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Apr 4 15:31:33 GMT 2011

On 01.04.2011 23:02, Michael Blancas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are there any plans of enabling type 4 DMI information in VirtualBox
> guests?  Looking at the source code from:
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/svn/vbox/trunk/src/VBox/Devices/PC/DevFwCommon.cpp
>
> the DMI type 4 type definitions are already in the code, but the code
> for setting the values are not yet there.

So far no one needed them - putting a lot of effort into purely
informational entries doesn't appear to be well spent engineering time.

> The reason for the need of the type 4 info is I'm running a Linux guest
> that gets these values.

For more than informational purposes?

You could contribute a change which provides this information, taking
the information from the cpuid information of the host.

Klaus